DIY Vitamin C Serum
So many of you ask me what I use on a daily basis and I promise that post is coming soon...but one product that I can not live without is Vitamin C serum. It tightens your skin, helps lighten any acne pigmentation and helps ward off wrinkles. I lather it on every SINGLE night before I go to bed. The only problem with Vitamin C serum is that it's one of the priciest skin care products on the market. I currently use this product and I have also used
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic $149 for 1 fl oz. But today I am going to show you how you can make your own...for under $10! Get excited people.
What you will need:
- A dark colored glass bottle. I used an empty serum bottle.
- Vitamin C powder (L ascorbic powder). You can find this at your local health food store that carries products in bulk or you can purchase here.
- %100 pure vegetable glycerin, which is a great base for serums and makes your skin extra glowy and soft.
- In a small bowl mix 1 tsp of Vitamin C powder with 2 tsp of vegetable glycerin.
- Crush the crystals up until they are completely dissolved (if you don't you will end up with a grainy serum)
- Carefully pour your serum into your glass bottle.
- Apply 3-4 drops onto freshly cleansed skin and gently massage in until fully absorbed.
- Keep in a cool dry place.
My recommendation is to use this only at night to start. If you think your skin can handle more go ahead and use twice a day. Since this serum is all natural and does not contain any preservatives, only make enough to last you about two weeks. Vitamin C serum may cause temporary redness and that is normal, but if you have any burning sensation remove with cool water and lower the ratio of Vitamin C powder to vegetable glycerin.
Enjoy and please come back and let me know how you like this if you try it out!
- Other Apps